Manager, Learning and Development - Core Programs
Job Number: 150003852)
Primary Location: US-WA-Seattle
Starbucks - Training and Development
Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by leading a team of retail learning content development professionals in the development of training, learning and development materials & programs that will improve the capabilities of partners to enhance the customer experience and support the achievement of business results. This role oversees retail curriculum and content development across all brands and global applications. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
- Leads self and others through minor and major change.
- Sets expectation around innovation and continuous improvement to drive cutting edge learning and development solutions.
- Promotes strong inter-team collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Sets vision and strategy for aligning to business and retail learning content strategy.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Prepares, communicates and partners with client groups and team on development of retail content and program management within the organization.
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Works with peers to align goals, timelines and quality standards.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Effectively consults and contracts with client or business groups to manage problem identification, scope of work and deliverable timeframes.
- Manages the design and implementation of a performance evaluation and feedback system to measure the effectiveness of learning programs that meet or improve business objectives.
- Teaches and holds partners accountable to conduct gap analysis between current performance and business goals and requirements.
- Understands internal and external factors that impact learning and performance in organizations; stays current on trends and anticipates opportunities to innovate and add value to the business.
Partner Development & Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partners, business and customer results.
- Regularly shares performance feedback with partners and accurately represents performance and potential at calibration meetings.
-Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
Summary of Experience
- Development of training, learning and development materials and programs
- Project management
- Delivering learning programs
- Facilitating groups and delivering presentations
- People management
- Individual and organizational performance consulting
- Designing adult training and instructional programs
- Implementing learning programs through technology
- Building innovative learning experiences to address business objectives
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and the effective application in a business setting.
- Defines scope and expectations clearly and completely at the outset of a project or initiative.
- Helps partners see the big picture of how individual performance contributes to and reinforces team success
- Demonstrates knowledge of Starbucks business strategy and goals.
- Creates an environment where making problems visible is good, holds team accountable to identify and solve problems.
- Leads self and others successfully through minor and major change.
- Communicates effectively cross-functionally, cross-culturally and cross-levels.
- Influences others and holds team accountable to deliver to high standards of customer service and product.
- Consults and contracts effectively with functions and businesses and translates needs to learning and development.
- Establishes partnerships focused on working together to achieve learning and development goals and deliverables.
- Actively promoted a positive, respectful work environment, encourages collaboration across diverse groups and helps partners build connections with each other.
- Promotes decision making at the appropriate level and when needed carefully considers multiple factors before making decisions.
- Recognizes and appropriately adapts coaching style to meet diverse needs and learning styles/preferences