NWCCA CTP Training Manager
The NWCCA and CTP Program
The Northwest Wall & Ceiling Contractors Association has been an integral part of the wall and ceiling industry in western Washington since 1984. The NWCCA is an association of individual contractors who work predominantly in the commercial segment of the construction industry.
Because NWCCA desires to maintain a regular body of highly trained union carpenters who possess the skills and knowledge necessary to serve projects, maintain the reputation of the profession, and demonstrate the value of their membership, NWCCA has initiated a Carpenter Training Program (CTP). The long-term vision of the program is to provide an industry-leading training program, supported by members and heavily used by carpenters, that maintains the professional reputation of NWCCA member firms
To learn more about the NWCCA and the Carpenter Training Program, please visit our website at: http://nwcca.com/
The CTP Training Manager
The NWCCA is looking for an experienced full-time training program manager to develop and oversee NWCCA’s Carpenter Training Program (CTP). The CTP training manager will coordinate with the NWCCA Director, CTP Leadership team, and member firms to assess carpenter training needs, provide long-term program guidance, manage CTP budget and member funds, acquire training resources, develop in-house training curriculum, and promote the program to NWCCA membership.
The goal of the NWCCA CTP is to maintain a regular body of highly trained union carpenters who possess the skills and knowledge necessary to serve projects, maintain the reputation of the profession, and demonstrate the value of their NWCCA membership.
CTP Training Manager Responsibilities and Essential Functions
· Identify quality training programs for CTP program inclusion
· Develop NWCCA in-house CTP training courses/curriculum
· Manage the CTP program in accordance with the CTP governance documents
· Market the CTP program to NWCCA membership
· Assess the current and future training needs of the NWCCA membership
· Assess the instructional effectiveness of CTP courses and impact on carpenter skills
· Develop and maintain an on-going training calendar
· Build relationships with outside training organizations (AGC, local community colleges) to procure and develop regular and tailored programming
· Facilitate certification requirements with CTP leadership and manage recertification as needed
· Maintain the online CTP course catalog (adding and updating courses, write course descriptions)
· Gather course evaluations and publish regular trainer/course feedback for all CTP courses
· Maintain CTP training database and training records
· Manage CTP training room and support trainers
· Attend trainings and monitor program quality (regional travel required)
· Interface regularly with the CTP committee
· Manage and update the CTP training budget
· Update membership on CTP funds
· Coordinate and schedule training for member firms
· Process employer pre-approvals and reimbursement requests
· Curriculum development, design, and implementation experience
· Training program implementation and management experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· BA/BS degree in education, business, or a relevant field
· Database management experience
· Experience conducting training and group instruction
· Familiarity with general construction
· Strong customer service skills
· Multilingual (preferred but not required)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products and asset management software
The NWCCA is an equal opportunity employer. The NWCCA makes employment decisions (e.g., hiring, compensation, promotion, termination, etc.) without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, creed, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Employment with the NWCCA is at-will, meaning that either NWCCA or the employee may terminate employment with or without notice, and with or without cause. Nothing in this job description or any policy guarantees employment under any particular terms or for any specific period of time. No oral representation will supersede or alter the at-will employment relationship.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Please submit responses and direct questions to: NWCCA@communication-resources.com