Samuel ERP Training Developer/Trainer
The Samuel-One ERP Program is looking for ERP Training Developers/Trainers to support the development and possible delivery of business process training supported by a MS Dynamics 365 solution as an enabler.
The mandate of this position is to design, develop and possibly facilitate the delivery of end user training in support of the MS Dynamics 365 implementation. Functional areas to be supported are Sales, Procurement, Planning, Scheduling and Production, Warehousing/Transportation and Finance. To establish a working partnership with the Work Stream Functional Lead and Business Subject Matter Experts in the functional area assigned. Through this working partnership the ERP Training Developer/Trainer will promote knowledge transfer and skill development in order to attain in-depth knowledge of the functional area being implemented. To develop materials as per the agreed upon ERP Program standards.
This role will report directly to the Samuel ERP Training Lead and will be a team member of the ERP Organizational Change Management Team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Gathers program documentation and information required as key inputs to develop training material.
• Develops customized MS D365 training materials – power point presentation, instructor/participant guides, work instructions/business process procedures, quick reference cards and other support materials as required.
• Develops day in the life business scenarios working with the Work Stream Leads, Business Subject Matter Experts in order to facilitate the flow of training material delivery with business context and relevant examples to enable understanding and adoption of the new solution.
• Develops and loads corresponding data requirements in support of training exercises.
• Actively participates in the train the trainer program.
• Supports / facilitates the delivery of training to end users as required.
Experience / Skill Sets Required:
• Minimum 5 years of instructional design experience.
• +4 years of experience using various instructional design tools (e.g. SnagIt, TechSmith Camtasia, Adobe Captivate or similar eLearning technologies).
• Experienced developing training content for a large ERP implementation (e.g. SAP, Dynamics AX).
• Advanced skills in using MS Office products (v. 2010 or greater).
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Able to communicate in a respectful manner with Business Subject Matter Experts.
• Understands how to read business process maps and flows
• Can quickly synthesize and write course content based on source materials and inputs from subject matter experts, written material, previous training courses, interviews, etc.
• Comfortable in working in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
• Adaptable to tight deadlines and through ambiguous and changing situations.
• Understands how to weave learning objectives, key change impacts/messages & tips into training materials.
• Experience in tracking training development progress and providing status reports to the ERP Training Manager as required.
• Carries a creative, can-do, positive, team-focused attitude.