Help grow our business by growing our people in the VTS fashion (Value, Transparency, and Sustainability). We are looking for a dynamic, curious, and tech-savvy L&D professional to design and manage Symetra-wide learning solutions. Taking our learning programs to the next level that supports continuous learning of dispersed workforce will require creativity and openness to new approaches.
The Leadership Development Program Manager is responsible for the program management of innovative leadership development solutions to increase the effectiveness of Symetra's leaders, from emerging leaders, through different levels of management, all the way to executives.
Leader Development -- Program Management (80%)
- Responsible for helping design and execute on the strategy and direction for leadership development at Symetra
- Responsible for the leader development program framework with the input of key stakeholders (business partners, HR Business Partner team, Senior Leadership Team)
- Assessment of current manager/leader development capabilities
- Assess, design, implement and deliver future manager/leader development model in partnership with HR leadership
- Deliver instructor-led and blended manager/leader development curriculum
- Manager On-Boarding -- program management for Symetra New Manager on-boarding
Talent Assessment -- Program Management (20%)
- Responsible for program management of talent assessment and succession planning
- Talent assessment -- recommend improvements to tools and process
- Assess, design, develop hi-po development plan framework; partner with HR Business Partner team on implementation
- Partner with others in Talent Development/Talent Management on Emerging Leader Program.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' progressive experience in Talent Development and/or HR
- Minimum of 2 years' project and/or program management experience
- Able to execute on strategy through strong project management skills
- Outstanding verbal communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to build and fosters strong relationships with business partners
- Able to navigate through complex issues and establish priorities in an ever changing, dynamic environment
- Able to influence without authority; able to keep information confidential
- Collaborative team player with demonstrated flexibility and adaptability
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
Learn more at www.symetra.com/careers.