We are looking for an Instructional Designer who will be responsible for overseeing training delivery, instructional development and knowledge assets. Your work will creatively use instructional design, learning methods, and appropriate technologies to enhance learning and engage learners through blended learning solutions. You will be responsible for authoring and creating engaging learning content. This includes instructor led training, eLearning and self-paced learning, virtual classroom design, building tool kits, and job aids.
- Consult with SMEs and PMs to create/revise storyboards, audio/video scripts, job aids/infographics, scenarios, online course content, and learning assessments using sound instructional theory
- Demonstrated ability to create curriculum in a variety of multimedia formats, including, but not limited to: presentations, simulation, video, voice over, animation, e-learning, blended learning environments etc.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously. Develop mechanisms for rapid updates to learning tools
- Gather requirements from stakeholders, assess scope and timeline, and prioritize features
- Determine tradeoffs between schedule, resources, and scope in order to deliver on project
- Create engaging knowledge-checks and assessments based on learning and performance objectives
- Manage training content/updates residing on SharePoint and the learning management system
- Identify and track success metrics for learning solutions to improve performance and impact business outcomes
- Minimum of 5 years with (BA/BS) Instructional design experience (in the biopharmaceutical industry a plus)
- Knowledge of accessibility best-practices in course design and development
- Demonstrated familiarity using eLearning tools or comparable technologies: Articulate, Lectora, Training Wire, Cornerstone, Adobe Creative Suite
- The ability to interpret technical procedures and develop easy to understand solutions
- Understanding of FDA/ICH guidelines and GCP/GLP a plus
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, and expert abilities in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with Adobe Acrobat preferred
- Must have the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with little supervision
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, life sciences preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.