Training Delivery Manager
Priority Consideration Date: July 9, 2012
Responsible to coordinate the delivery of training solutions provided by Invista Performance Solutions (Invista). This position directly interfaces with the corporate client to align goals, learning outcomes, and content delivery in accordance with the negotiated contract. This position maintains a pool of trainers, ensures course materials and facilities are secured, and conducts an evaluation and ROI assessment for each training. This position reports to the Senior Project Manager.
· Coordinate the development and delivery of corporate training in accordance with contract terms and timelines.
· Coordinate the development of new training products and services, and develop effective promotional materials and presentations that support the acquisition of new training contracts.
· Schedule contracted classes, classrooms and approved instructors. Work with vendors to secure materials and supplies for training.
· Track schedule and monitor class website making appropriate and necessary changes with client, instructor and locations as needed.
· Interview, hire, train and maintain a pool of corporate trainers, instructors and staff. Manage and oversee all related hiring paperwork and timekeeping.
· Work with trainers and instructors to develop and adapt curriculum to meet specific training goals and outcomes identified by client.
· Develop and recommend policies and procedures to increase the efficiency of each training delivery. Prepare and maintain reports and records.
· Work with college staff and departments to ensure all procedures are followed.
· Manage multiple priority projects and geographically distributed teams, while meeting all delivery timelines.
· Represent Invista in daily business at partner colleges and in the community.
· Provide clients with training delivery schedule and ensure timely delivery of course materials.
· Conduct anonymous student evaluations to ensure quality of training product.
· Complete site visits to all training locations.
· Mange files and accounts of training contracts and provide program revenues and expenditures.
· Supervise the delivery of CEU’s, hours, and college credit in accordance with partner college policies.
· Maintain open and ongoing communication with managers and support staff to prioritize projects supporting training delivery.
· Prepare and submit monthly reports.
· Use word processing, graphic, planning and spreadsheet software to generate reports, correspondence, course materials, travel arrangements and set appointments.
· Participate in weekly contract training meetings, providing agenda items on status of all current and upcoming training deliveries, for clarification and direction in contract delivery.
· Actively participate as a team member in supporting Invista’s mission, vision, and goals.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Bachelors degree in education, organizational development or a related field from an accredited college or university.
· Three years professional experience in education, training delivery models, and/or adult learning concepts.
· Three years of supervisory experience.
· Three years experience managing projects.
· Two years experience working in a corporate setting.
· Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher and Access).
· Masters degree in Education, Organization Development or related field from an accredited college or university.
· Experience delivering training to a variety of audiences.
· Leadership experience in a matrix, team-oriented environment.
· Knowledge of basic business principles.
Conditions of Employment
· Successfully pass a criminal history background check prior to employment.
· Must possess a current, valid, unrestricted driver’s license.
· Ability to work occasional evenings and weekend.
· Ability to travel (10% of work schedule).
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
· Ethics, integrity, and sound professional judgment.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage a high volume of training deliveries with multiple time constraints and deadlines.
· Ability to work as a leader in a collaborative environment, build consensus and promote the exchange of information among project team members, project management staff, and external units.
· Ability to interface and stay poised when dealing with and presenting to a broad array of audiences.
· Excellent written, oral, presentation, facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
· Strong self-directed and entrepreneurial skills.
· Customer service focus.
· Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, organizational, and project management skills.
· An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
· Ability to assess talent, manage people and motivate others.
· Strong interpersonal skills that minimize potential conflict and maintain good working relationships among internal and external customers.
· Experience working effectively with team members and with team development.
Complete application packages must include the following: (Packages received that do not contain all of these materials will not be considered by the screening committee.) Application materials must be submitted online through our website.
1. Tacoma Community College online application.
2. Resume & cover letter describing how your educational background and experience align with the responsibilities and qualifications.
3. Copies of transcripts for all colleges and universities attended.
(Official transcripts will be required for the successful candidate)
4. We strive to employ individuals who possess the skills necessary to effectively educate a diverse population of learners. Our effort is to create a cultural climate that recognizes, respects, and celebrates differences. Please attach a statement (maximum two pages):
A. Expressing your cultural self-awareness,
B. Describing your experiences with other cultures and communities, and
C. Demonstrating how you apply these to the learning/working environment.
Terms of Employment
This is an exempt professional temporary position contracted based upon availability of funding. The salary range for this position is $42, 000 - $45, 000 annually DOE/DOQ. The salary will be prorated to reflect the actual number of contract days worked in the reminder of the fiscal year. Flexibility in scheduling is required to meet the needs of the department. Evenings, weekends, and travel is required. Degrees must be from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and verified by official transcripts.