Based in Tukwila, Washington, ThriftBooks is the worldwide leader in online used book sales. Combing through millions of pounds of books a year, we return treasures to the hands of readers. Our success is built on constant innovation by people who strive for excellence. Working at ThriftBooks is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
Our Training Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, and delivering training programs that improve organizational quality, safety, and efficiency for large processing centers. The Training Specialist collaborates cross functionally to prioritize training objectives and then develops training & implements solutions to achieve objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with a variety of subject matter experts to create repeatable, trackable & performance focused training for our processing center employees and leadership.
- Become inhouse expert with all company policies, SOP's and regulations.
- Evaluate data and organizational needs to identify learning and development issues.
- Create, publish and implement training materials using multiple types of media.
- Provide input into assessments and evaluations to measure the effectiveness of learning using key performance metrics.
- Manage Internal/External Compliance Training programs to ensure employees are receiving training within scheduled timelines.
- Work with outside resources to coordinate cost-effective training programs and solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Training & Development, Organizational and Development or related field.
- 3 – 5 years designing and implementing training materials/curriculum in a production/manufacturing based environment.
- Previous experience in leading projects and motivating/developing employees.
- Experience in training Six Sigma & Lean methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to interact well with all levels of management.
- Extensive experience with presentation software and Microsoft Office applications.
This position will require extensive domestic travel 50 to 75% of the time.
What We Offer:
ThriftBooks cares about its employees. We offer a competitive salary and benefits in addition to perks such as casual dress code, work/life balance, endless snacks and beverages, and company events (prizes included). It is a fantastic opportunity to work in a growing company with a team-centric culture.