The Senior Instructional Designer, Sales Readiness is responsible for designing new instructional experiences for the sales team across the spectrum of Tableau. You will be responsible for designing curriculum using the following instructional methodologies: face to face classroom, synchronous eLearning, asynchronous eLearning, and blended learning. In addition, this role will also work with the Learning & Development team to develop curriculum strategies and deployment plans for our sales team. The Instructional Designer must be passionate about education and understand how adults learn.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Design and develop learning solutions that support adult learning best practices and addresses the needs identified in a job/task analysis.
- Constantly improve the design of learning content based on the latest research in adult education.
- Work with key stakeholders to analyze customer needs and make solution recommendations driven by the business need.
- Design and develop effective, instructionally sound, and technically accurate training products for face to face classrooms, synchronous eLearning, asynchronous eLearning, and blended learning.
- Be a mentor to sales readiness program managers, project trainers, and business partners on best practices in instructional design and enablement solutions.
- Partner with other members of the Sales Readiness team to continously improve existing readiness learning programs.
- Develop learning evaluation standards for consistency measurement of the impact of learning programs.
- Recruitment: Tableau hires company builders and, and as such, employees are expected to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are…
- Experienced. 7+ years of instructional design experience in a technical environment. Experience in designing instruction for electronic delivery, either synchronous or asynchronous. Four year college degree in Instructional Design, Education, or related discipline; or equivalent experience.
- Highly Technical. Knowledge of best practices in instructional design and the latest research in adult learning methodologies.
- Energy and Creativity. Ability to be agile and flexible when creating design best practices.
- Technically Savvy. Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly and then be able to write clear and accurate training materials on them. Knowledge of the job/task analysis process.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact frequently with program managers, sellersand subject matter experts for the purpose of gaining and clarifying concepts. Superior writing skills, with ability to explain technical concepts to a diverse audience.
- Results-oriented. Ability to manage versions and revisions across multiple curriculum projects.
- Performer. Exceptional ability to manage high level executives on project deliverables
- Relentlessly High Standards. Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage expectations and customer demands.
- Service Minded. Dedication to customer success.
- Detail oriented. Handle details accurately and in a timely manner.
- Honest. Uses good judgment and tact.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!