Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS Research and Prevention (SCHARP) at Fred Hutch is a full service statistical and data management center focused on HIV prevention research. SCHARP has an annual budget of over $40 million, more than 180 employees and is currently managing over 40 active phase I – III clinical trials in over 150 clinical sites around the world. SCHARP is seeking Learning Experience Designer.
The Learning Experience Designer is responsible for defining, creating and delivering clear and impactful learning curricula and content to SCHARP staff. This position will collaborate with managers and subject matter experts to develop learning experiences and materials that support onboarding, teach core position skills, and train SCHARP staff on processes and procedures. This position is also responsible for ongoing training program evaluation and maintenance.
- Work with SCHARP’s management team and subject matter experts to define and develop learning programs and curricula
- Document learning requirements and objectives
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop in-person, e-learning and self-paced learning curriculum and content, including:
- Storyboarding and scripting
- Creation of eLearning, video, instructor led content and support aids as needed leveraging existing materials where possible
- Validate learning materials with subject matter experts
- Deliver, administer, coordinate, and monitor the delivery of the learning curriculum
- Conduct evaluations to identify learning success and areas of improvement
- Administer assessments to determine employee learning needs
- Coordinate equipment arrangements related to learning
- Serve as Administrator for the department’s learning management platforms
- Maintain systems, create user profiles, input training schedules, manage transcript reporting, etc.
- Maintain curriculum materials and regularly review and update curriculum and content based on changing business needs, changing regulatory requirements and process/procedure changes
- Provide guidance to staff developing their own training content and deliverables
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- At least 5 years’ experience including instructional design, curriculum and/or course content development in a business setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in adult education and online learning
- Experience producing engaging and effective e-learning modules, classroom-based training, and learning aides
- Knowledge of and experience with learning management systems
- Experience with Articulate 360 (or similar tool), Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft PowerPoint required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write content for different audiences and delivery models in a clear and concise way
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Able to establish effective working relationships with stakeholders across the organization
- Must be able to work individually and within a team environment
- Keen attention to detail and high level of accountability, self-starter
- Knowledge or experience in clinical trial research
- Experienced with SharePoint site owner administration
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in your career or that will be made through work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY