TECHNICAL TRAINER in Kent, WA
Shift: Swing Shift with flexibility to work day shift now and then
Great opportunity to support a stable Electrical Manufacturing Company in their Technical Training Department in developing the skills and knowledge of its staff through analysis, design, delivery and evaluation of effective training.
Contribute to the continued achievement of advice and support for staff and managers throughout the organization and carry out CIS certification courses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Teaching knowledge in theory/practice of concepts, facts and practices via training courses. You will provide experience for understanding this knowledge by transforming it into real-time application(s). You will work as part of a localized team and report to the Technical Training Manager. You will research, design, evaluate and deliver technical training for Carlisle IT’s manufacturing and support staff which includes:
· Completion of training needs, analysis through assessment, observation and oral questioning.
· Ownership of an existing portfolio of training courses. Ensure that trainer’s notes, session plans, visual aids and handouts are kept up to date.
· Able to design new training materials and courses to meet the needs of the company and add them to the existing overall training department’s portfolio. The Technical Trainer will create and arrange training manuals and visual aids after determining the best avenue for offering training on a particular subject.
· Work closely with the training staff to deliver a structured curriculum. Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
· Evaluate and modify the existing training solutions, techniques and materials.
· Provide advice, guidance and support to manufacturing and engineering management in regards to assurance/compliance to industry workmanship standards.
· Represent the Technical Training department at exhibitions, seminars, etc.
· Contribute to the decision making and planning of the team.
· Develop and retain an up-to-date knowledge of current working practices by periodically spending time working with the operational and support departments.
· Utilize and maintain the Training Management Software with the training staff.
· Able to evaluate and determine competency of skill and knowledge of those trained, and make pass/fail and hiring decisions based on evaluations.
· Mentor entry-level trainers.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
Other duties as required in support of the department and company.
· Relevant training experience is required in our industry: Must hold IPC CIT Certifications in IPC/WHMA-A-620 and J-STD-001
· Experience in Cable Harness Manufacturing is required
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/HR/Business Management is preferred
· Able to prove proficiency by successfully passing more than one CIT certification course (not a challenge test) with scores over 90%.
· Must have extensive knowledge of wire harness, PCB, box build processes and process equipment .
· Capable of training material production (graphics, layout and media creation).
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Graphic design software as in Corel, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
· Must be self-confident, have a desire to learn, able to listen, sense of humor, communication and theatrical skills, flexible, patient and is capable of standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
· Able and willing to travel by air and auto throughout the USA.
· Manual dexterity used with repetitive finger motion.
· Must have English speaking and leadership skills.
· Must Be U.S. Citizen or Permanent resident.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pay and Benefits :
Up to 70k
Company offers INCREDIBLE Benefits
Company offers 7% profit sharing
Ronald Carpenter Jr | Recruiter
AIC | 1750 112th Avenue Northeast, Suite C228 | Bellevue, WA 98004
Direct 425-296-6348| Mobile 757-618-1397 | Fax 425-558-0688