ATDps: March 2024 Virtual Member Event
We ALL long to be witnessed in our uniqueness, valued in our identity, and fully heard in our stories. We want to be and feel included in meaningful experiences that acknowledge our self-definition while being in the community. Essentially, we all want and need empathy for our basic survival. We are learning, against prevailing wisdom, that human nature is not to seek mere autonomy but to be in companionship with others. Thus, the necessary maneuver is to try to translate this human component within our work environments to ignite a spirit of creativity, innovation, and growth. Please join, Dr. Lisa Obianuju Alvarez, as she walk you through this thought-stimulating session. You will learn how to leverage empathy in your work contexts to help you understand your employees well enough to work with them, communicate better, meet their needs with improved self-awareness, and connect across differences.
In this session you will learn to:
- Learn self-support methods that will help you become an individual willing to engage in meaningful ways toward those around you.
- Learn communication techniques to establish a psychosocially safe environment for your employees.
- Understand your emotional range and how this un/awareness may affect your employees’ work performance.
- Acknowledge the benefits of extending empathy to their teams to promote an enriching and emotionally healthy work environment.
- Accurately identify the emotions of their employees so their response is thoughtful and emotionally sensitive.
Our guest: Lisa Ike-Alvarez is an educator, life coach, and group facilitator with ten years of training, counseling, and consulting experience. She is recognized for her unique approach to problem-solving and facilitating authentic and purposeful dialogue. Lisa holds a BA in psychology, MA in counseling psychology, and PsyD in organizational development. Her academic acquisitions and professional advancements illustrate her strive for people excellence and desire for lasting learning and change.
Communication, Emotional Intelligence & Decision Making, Organizational Development & Culture
Pre-Registration - Members attend at no charge. There is no walk in availability. Pre-registration is mandatory.
Pre-Registration - Non-Member $20.00. There is no walk in availability. Pre-registration is mandatory.
We are not able to issue refunds after the Friday prior to the meeting. Substitutions are encouraged.
Instructions to attend the virtual meeting will be included in your confirmation email and on the reminder email the day prior to the program. Please save these instructions. Real time assistance is not usually available.