SALARY: $40.87 - $60.10
The Learning Management Systems Administrator provides technical leadership in the support of Sound Transit's learning management system (LMS), Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD). This position is responsible for the support, design, development, implementation, delivery, and maintenance of content, assets, and other resources used for instructional functions. The Learning Management System Administrator is the primary system administrator for Sound Transit's LMS and oversees the installation of all system updates and upgrades, as well as tools and software integrated with the LMS. Work is performed under the supervision of the Agency-Wide Training Manager and IT. This is a temporary position, expected to continue for up to twelve months, after which will be a review for a possible extension.
The following duties are a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Works on assignments dealing with the routine and daily operation, use, and configuration of the LMS.
Act as the LMS technical expert, lead Administrator, and point of contact for IT for Cornerstone OnDemand Learning within the HR Department.
Work with internal stakeholders to assess business needs and organizational structure related to the LMS. Optimize system configuration and best practices for specific organizational needs.
Establish best practices for system administration and make recommendations on system policies and procedures.
Troubleshoot and resolve LMS system issues. Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) and main point of contact to resolve system issues.
Effectively communicate with and act as liaison between HR and IT and the end users throughout the agency.
Develop and provide training for all levels of LMS users.
Prepare, setup, test, and partner with IT to rollout additional features of CSOD such as add external training, certification and compliance module, OU for external contractors including separate Landing page, etc.
Design and run management and end user reports as requested.
Audit system records for accuracy and completion and follow-up with departments as needed for corrections.
Create clear and concise messages to communicate system changes to users at all levels.
Create dashboards and saved custom reports for regularly accessed data from the system.
Help and support and develop training materials for employees to use all components of the LMS.
Prepare, setup, test, and communicate major changes of the quarterly CSOD releases.
With the team, evaluate potential future Cornerstone modules such as the Performance Suite for talent management and assist with implementation.
Identify and communicate opportunities for process and quality improvements, providing feedback on usage, defects, and suggested enhancements.
Create and update documentation to train and support all users – administrators and learners – on how to use the technology for online and professional development.
Provide troubleshooting assistance for users regarding logging in to the LMS and accessing courses.
Work with the instructional technologist and instructional designers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to accessing the LMS and course content.
Serves as point of escalation for support issues, which may include interaction with LMS vendor and other vendor support services.
It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the Agency safety rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to their assigned duties and responsibilities, which could include systems, operations, and/or other employees.
It is the responsibility of all employees to integrate sustainability into everyday business practices.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or combined education and experience. Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an LMS administrator or in similar position. Cornerstone OnDemand experience highly preferred.
Required Knowledge of:
• Strong understanding of common information security practices.
• Communication skills, verbal and written, to work with all levels of the Agency, consultants, and trainees.
• Presentation skills, able to present technical and non-technical information to an audience with varying skills and technical background.
• System perspectives while addressing and working with multiple needs and perspectives throughout the Agency.
• Working well with technically diverse client groups and a culturally diverse team and clients.
• Application of project, meeting, and time management.
• Importance of confidentiality and how it applies to both HR and Training situations.
Required Skill in:
• Demonstrating a positive customer service orientation with both internal and external clients.
• Assessing business needs and organizational structure and configuring systems and developing best practices that are adapted to an organization’s specific needs.
• Ability to work in a complex and changing environment; must be self-motivated.
• Self-confidence and technical leadership for the areas of provided training.
• Self-Development to continue to stay up to date as our IT technologies and needs evolve.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other agency staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups and the general public.
• Performing responsible and difficult administrative support duties involving the use of independent judgment, personal initiative, and resourcefulness.
• Experience with eLearning authoring tools such as Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate, iSpring, or similar.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
• Work is performed in a standard office environment.
• Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 25 pounds.
• The Agency promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety and equipment training for all personnel as required.
Sound Transit is an equal employment opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from employment action based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other protected class.