Learning and Development Manager
The Learning and Development Manager is an individual contributor who will play a critical role in the development and execution of our overall learning and development strategy, with an emphasis on interesting, engaging, and impactful learning experiences within a very dynamic and rapidly growing business. This position will partner with subject matter experts and leadership to identify learning and training needs and will focus primarily on instructional design of training materials for both in-person and virtual training, along with non-traditional learning interventions such as the development of performance support tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rapidly design, develop and implement engaging learning experiences that learners both enjoy and that build skills which they will be able to apply immediately in a real-world context, including the necessary lesson plans, facilitator materials, learner guides, visual aids and ancillary learning materials
- Engage groups of learners both in-person and virtually – ranging from one person to a ballroom full of people – through charismatic delivery of content and activities
- Identify and assess learning needs of staff, collaborate across functions, teams, locations, and partner organizations to identify appropriate learning solutions that will address skills gaps
- Support and consult on external training initiatives
- Develop and implement evaluation strategies to determine effectiveness and the return on investment of all professional development initiatives
- Incorporate instructional design elements into learning programs that ensure the programs are part of an ongoing process (as opposed to a series of distinct events)
- Pilot all learning initiatives to gauge usability and user experience and make adjustments in the final deliverable as appropriate
- Edit video, audio, and still images in order to produce learning resources across a variety of media
- Use tools or systems to organize and manage multiple projects that run concurrently
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
- Supports the Mission and Values of CorneaGen in all activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or relevant experience required
- 3-5 years designing and delivering training programs, preferably in a medium to large company
- Knowledge of and ability to apply sound adult learning principles and effective instructional design strategies in everything produced.
- Proven ability to design highly engaging training programs that have yielded measurable results - both in person and virtually.
- Able to link business decisions to results.
- Familiarity and comfort with Skype for Business or other web conferencing software.
- Experience with Docebo or other LMS and learning tools & technology.
- Consistently improves their training skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- A personal commitment to organ and tissue donation required.
- Able to work well with others in a collaborative and respectful manner.
- Able to multi-task, deal with complexity on a frequent basis while working under pressure or time constraints.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and confidentiality.
CorneaGen is a mission-driven company committed to transforming how corneal surgeons treat and care for the cornea. Based in Seattle, the company is innovating the next generation of cornea care, from new medical devices and biologics to therapeutics and interventions. CorneaGen supports corneal surgeons and their patients with a spectrum of services, including the latest in innovative products, delivery of the highest quality tissue, surgeon education, and advocacy for patient access and reimbursement policies.
To apply for this position or to learn more about our organization, please visit www.corneagen.com.