Title: Executive Director (ED)
Organization: Ada Developers Academy
Location: Seattle, WA
Compensation: $140,000 - $160,000 DOE
Reporting to the Advisory Board, the Executive Director (ED) will manage a total FY2020 budget of approximately $4.2M and a total team of about 15 staff members. The ED will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Ada’s staff, programs, finances, and execution of its mission.
Specific areas of accountability include Leadership and Management, Fundraising and Communications, Strategic Planning and Execution, Budgeting, Fiscal and Program Management, Business Development, and Community and Alum Relations.
Candidates will be evaluated on the full range of their lived and learned experience, professional background, volunteer experience, and direct and transferable skills. Ada is seeking candidates with a compelling combination of demonstrated experience and skills in some, or all, of the following areas:
- At least 5 years of experience leading a well-functioning non-profit organization, or significant department or division, with a $3M+ annual budget and staff of 15+.
- Successful leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
- Leadership experience within the software industry that establishes credibility with students, alums and corporate partners is highly desired.
- Furthering women and gender diverse people in technology careers.
- Racial and social justice, and gender equity, and in living, learning and addressing the difficult issues around inclusivity, bias, and diversity.
- Manage and empower teams and other managers.
- Lead annual business planning and periodic strategic planning.
- Manage growth and organization scaling while maintaining quality and meeting mission.
- Manage an organization’s budget and finances.
- Inspire, motivate and engage others as a persuasive and passionate presenter and public speaker.
- Raise money from foundations, individuals, corporations, and other funding sources.
- Engage with a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
You can view and download a comprehensive position profile here: https://tinyurl.com/y47k77ea
- Manage a complex array of multiple, simultaneous projects, programs, and initiatives.
This is a full time, exempt position with a target starting salary range of $140,000 - $160,000 depending on experience. Ada offers a generous benefits package including: employer paying 80% of premiums for medical insurance and 75% for dental; a pension plan and organizational match of up to 3.5% of your annual salary; a flexible spending account; paid vacation and sick leave and eleven paid holidays per year; employer-paid life insurance, and long-term and short-term disability insurance.
To Be Considered
The position is open until filled with a priority deadline of November 8, 2019. Candidate materials are reviewed on an on-going basis and initial interviews will begin by mid-October. Please submit a resume and a two-page (or less) cover letter as a single, combined DOC or PDF here - https://tinyurl.com/y39qru6w
You may direct questions to Mr. Ed Rogan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.697.8428.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks and Ada Developers Academy will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, and/or veteran or disability status. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.