Symetra has an exciting opportunity to join our HR Talent Development team as a Learning Technology and E-Learning Specialist!
About the role
The Learning Technology and E-Learning Specialist will use his/her technical expertise to craft and implement online and blended learning solutions, as well as empower learning professionals and SMEs by sharing best practices on using a variety of learning technologies (including conferencing tools) and making the best of the combination of available technologies. This person will influence end-to-end user experience (learners, facilitators, managers, and administrators) with a set of learning technology tools for maximum adoption and efficiencies.
What you will do
- Develop learning content and deliver compliance training, which includes collaborating closely with SMEs and various internal partners on designing, developing and maintaining courses and e-learning content
- Work with vendors on buying and modifying compliance training solutions, as needed
- Assist in crafting blended solutions (e-learning, podcasts, videos, job aids, quizzes, learning communities) and compiling various learning sources
- Facilitate learning in different modalities (on-demand, in-person, social), as well as have a role of a producer for virtual learning sessions, as needed
- Explore and build expertise on various learning tools (e.g. LMS, virtual, authoring tools, SharePoint) to craft standard methodologies for optimal usage that supports positive employee experience
- Help identify potential problem areas and recommend solutions
- Monitor current trends in learning technology and advocating for the use of new technologies that support the needs and goals of the organization
What Symetra offers you
We don’t take a “one-size-fits-all” approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better—both at work and at home.
- Flexible work program and telecommute arrangements
- Wellness program offering employees a variety of resources crafted to assist you in reaching and maintaining your optimum health
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
- Want more details? Check out our Symetra Benefits Overview
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in LMS administration, SharePoint administration/design, HTML, Java experience (preferred)
- Expertise with multiple learning and content management systems, including system implementation at an enterprise scale (preferred)
- Professional training certification is a plus
- Successful track record of delivering interactive learning solutions via multimedia authoring tools
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to partner, influence, collaborate and establish relationships with various partners and learners across levels and personalities
- Tech savvy with outstanding problem solving, critical thinking, organizational and prioritization skills. Diligent with high sense of urgency and attention to detail
One or a combination of the following:
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in designing and implementing corporate learning solutions. Required experience applying instructional design principles, agile methods, learning technologies and program management skills together in the design, development and maintenance of learning programs.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in administering or supporting learning technologies such as eLearning software, virtual classroom technology, Knowledge Base, Learning Management Systems (LMS), 3rd party learning applications, etc.
Symetra empowers inclusion
At Symetra, we embrace and celebrate diverse experiences, identities and perspectives, because lifting each other up fuels thought and creates a stronger, more innovative company. Learn more here.
In a complex industry, we strive for clarity.
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
For more information about our careers visit www.symetra.com/careers.