Company : Esterline
Location : Bellevue, WA
URL : https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25630&siteid=5116&AReq=12357BR
Principal Talent Consultant – Leadership Development
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets.
Are you excited to design and implement employee and leadership development solutions that scale across the globe in a growing, thriving industry? Do you have deep expertise in developing employees and leaders to drive business results? Are you someone who can look across multiple projects and see the overlaps and connection points that others might miss? Are you able to look at a business issue, identify the leadership needs, and buy or build the perfect solution to drive high performance? If this level of both strategic thinking and tactical execution inspires you to do your best work – read on!
What You Will Do:
Keeper of all things Leadership Development
As the Principal Talent Consultant – Leadership Development, we’ll look to you to combine your expert-level experience in developing Leaders with Esterline’s Operating System and culture. You’ll step into the final steps of us implementing a refreshed Competency Model (known as Leadership Attributes in Esterline) and you’ll begin designing a robust, multi-modal Global Leadership Development Roadmap and learning solutions that can be leveraged by our employees and managers. In this role you’ll research best-in-class learning solutions that fit within our culture. You will build or procure engaging and results-oriented multi-modal learning solutions that drive improved engagement, capability and business growth. On any given day, you’ll play at both the highest strategic levels – introducing tried and true as well as innovative learning solutions – and then deep dive into successful implementation and effectiveness measurement best practices. You’ll join a small team of Leadership Development and Talent experts and collaboratively knit together a holistic matrix of just-in-time Leadership Development solutions ranging from reference guides to extensive multi-day learning experiences.
Owner of Esterline’s Women in Leadership Conference.
Diversity and Inclusion are key to Esterline’s success and this role owns the design and implementation of Esterline’s Women in Leadership Conference. If you’ve ever dreamed of planning and hosting a learning event for 150 of your favorite female leaders – this is your opportunity to shine! Dazzle our leaders with innovative speakers, practical breakout sessions, and memorable, engaging experiences that help them feel valued and inspired to continue to grow their careers at Esterline.
Integrate the best parts of the Leadership Development Roadmap into Esterline’s Performance Management process and cycle.
Bring your innovative ideas to help our managers and employees navigate where they’re going with their careers, how to get there, what “good” looks like, and how to have inspiring and motivating career coaching and feedback conversations throughout the year. With the new insights available today about brain science and motivation help us take this HR annual process to new heights.
Oversee logistical scheduling and execution of learning & leadership development programs.
All the dreams and plans in the world don’t mean anything unless they can be actualized with solid implementation, communication, change management and delivery plans, and ways to measure the effectiveness of programs and continually improve them. We welcome your insights and leadership to guide the implementation and effectiveness measurement of this new Leadership Development Roadmap.
What You Will Bring:
· Bachelor’s degree required. Masters or Post-Doctorate degrees in related fields favored.
· 10+ years of relevant work experience in the areas of leadership development
· 10+ years of experience in instructional design of accelerated and multimodal global leadership and management learning solutions, training, and skill development programs
· Aerospace and manufacturing industry experience preferred
· Outstanding Leadership Development curriculum design and content development
· The ability to design learning solutions in a variety of learning modalities as we work to scale learning solutions globally and provide just the right amount of skill and practice to measure success
· Demonstrated ability to influence business and HR leaders with recommendations in areas such as: Build/Buy/Borrow workforce planning solutions, onboarding, training/learning, career development, development planning, positive employee relations, culture, and the employee and customer experience
· Ability to think strategically and critically in developing solutions for complex challenges
· Compelling and innovative communication and change management planning skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects/programs with minimal oversight in a fast-paced, frugal environment with multiple and sometimes changing priorities.
· Experience managing projects/programs with multiple inputs and multiple stakeholders.
· Demonstrated ability to influence business and HR leaders with recommendations in areas such as: what it takes to build a depth of skill; the difference between and value of ILT over self-paced video or web-based learning; how they can personally support employee development; and program execution at the local level
· Experience with multi-vendor management and contract negotiations
· Experience developing and facilitating a variety of learning experiences (eg.: Formal classroom and virtual learning skills labs, action learning and cross-functional project team facilitation, mentoring and coaching programs.)
· Ability to strike the right balance between scrappy iterative efforts and developing an exceptional learner experience
· Experience working in a results driven and fast-paced environment
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills that ensure win-win with clients.
· Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
· High quality document and report preparation; executive program summaries, dashboards, status updates
· Ability to influence without authority, think proactively, and function independently
· Ability to drive and measure impact
· Ability to fit into and work effectively with many different business cultures within a global context
· Ability to be practical, innovative and able to find and implement cost effective solutions
· Working knowledge of lean enterprise tools and methods particularly change management aspects
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to shifting priorities, customer concerns, and management objectives - including facilitation, coaching and presentation skills
· Ability to travel up to 25% both in the US and internationally