Health Services Trainer at Community Health Plan of Washington
Active EE Regular Full TimeProfessional
Main Office, Seattle, WA, US
The Health Services Trainer will implement a comprehensive training program for the Health Services and Medical Management Divisions. The Health Services Trainer will develop, deliver, and update content that supports clinical and non-clinical employees in the execution of Utilization Management, Care Management and Medical Management job functions.
· Conducts training for users on the medical management documentation system and updates internal processes, including the devlepment and ongoing maintenance of training materials, including on-line demos.
· Performs first level triage of user issues with the medical management documentation system. Resolves all issues that are training related and transfers system or technical issues to business analyst.
· Provides training support to external users of the medical management documentation system.
· Supports the development and maintenance of program training tools, such as job aids and desk procedures.
· Partners with operational and team quality assessment program staff in order to use audit findings to revise documentation and training.
· Partners with department leadership on training requests and priorities. Collaborates with subject matter experts to develop and deliver specific trainings.
· Employees are expected to report to work as scheduled, participate in all assigned meetings, and meet established performance and accountability standards.
· Other duties as assigned. Essential functions listed are not necessarily exhaustive and may be revised by the employer, at its sole discretion.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and highly relevant experience required.
· Two (2) years experience as a systems trainer with experience working with medical management workflow systems such as: ZeOmega Jiva, TruCare Casenet, Medecision, CareAdvance, and/or Electronic Health Records (EHR) required.
· Experience delivering both clinical and non-clinical training required.
· Training and curriculum design, especially clinical and medical management education preferred.
· Experience working with and supporting clinical medical management programs (utilization management, case management, disease management) and teams preferred.
· Experience in healthcare insurance industry preferred.
· Experience with project plans preferred.
· Complete and successfully pass a criminal background check
· Has not been sanctioned or excluded from participation in federal or state healthcare programs by a federal or state law enforcement, regulatory, or licensing agency
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Curriculum development to support the delivery of training, utilizing a blend of delivery methodologies; including classroom training and self-paced on-line training.
· Excellent training delivery skills including patience, understanding of adult learning styles, high level of audience engagement, and ability to modify training plans in real time in response to learner needs
· Creative and solution-oriented attitude towards problem solving.
· Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
· Strong relationship skills, being able to problem solve and reach consensus.
· Strong organizational skills and accurate work results.
· Collaborate with others in a respectful manner.
· Perform all functions of the job with accuracy, attention to detail and within established timeframes.
· Meet attendance and punctuality standards. Demonstrate professional courtesy to others and maintain confidentiality.
• Speaking, hearing, near vision, far vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, touch, smell, and balance.
• Extended periods of sitting, computer use, talking and possibly standing
• Simple grasp, firm grasp, fine manipulation, pinch, finger dexterity, supination/pronation, wrist flexion
• Frequent torso/back static position; occasional stooping, bending and twisting
• Some kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying (not over 25 pounds), twisting and reaching
• Frequent decision-making. Ability to gather and assess data, determine appropriate actions, apply protocols and knowledge to unique situations, problem-solve and provide consultation
Office environment with frequent environmental exposure to low-grade radiation from computer monitors; fast paced with frequent interruptions.