MG2 is looking for a talented and passionate Talent Development Manager located in our Seattle office.
The Talent Development Manager role is responsible for the recruiting practices, training and development, and the performance evaluation structure of the professional staff and architects firm-wide. This position coordinates efforts with the CEO and Principals to hire, develop, and retain a highly skilled and diverse workforce. The role will adopt a continuous improvement and adaptation approach for our Talent Development program and employee training experiences.
· Identify and assess current skillsets and future training needs through job requirements, competency models, and clear expectations in consultation with senior management.
· Manage the development, design, and overall implementation of new and ongoing development initiatives and training programs.
· Propose training and development programs and objectives based on knowledge of company goals and objectives, and career pathing requirements.
· Develop and maintain the annual training and development budget.
· Manage and provide leadership to the Training Coordinator.
· Modify or create course materials to meet specific training needs.
· Train and coach manager, supervisors and others involved in emplo9yee development efforts.
· Facilitate or directly present training sessions where appropriate.
· Work together with the Human Resources Manager on joint initiatives.
· Orchestrate annual performance reviews with clear expectations and evaluation criteria in consultation with senior management.
· Administer firm-wide onboarding processes for all positions, including; 90 day evaluations, and six-month onboarding plan for key hires.
· Orchestrate the annual individual goal setting process in alignment with the firm's annual goals.
· Implement 360 reviews for key leaders and managers in alignment of leadership performance goals.
· Engage in the administration and implementation of the firm's incentive compensation program in support of senior management.
· Conduct follow-up studies to evaluate and measure results of training programs.
· Where applicable, review and manage and/or develop candidate testing for positions for which specific skillset requirements can be measured.
· Review skillset needs assessment for new and replacement hires with appropriate office manager or supervisors.
· Partner with HR to develop and implement a recruiting program which ensures continuous engagement and evaluation for best of industry applicants.
· Implement behavioral interview training for supervisors and managers.
· Assist with interviewing candidates and counseling managers on applicant selection as needed.
· Own administration and implementation of the Predictive Index profile methods and processes.
· Steward each group to have successful onboarding programs for all new hires.
· Monitor and provide feedback for continuous improvements.
· 8 years of experience
· Strong background in researching, designing and executing training programs
· Experience leading talent development initiatives such as succession planning, development of leaders and managers, career pathing, and mentoring/coaching
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Comfortable presenting to all levels in a company
· Bachelor's degree in related field
· General HR practices, experience and knowledge is helpful
· Experience in architecture, engineering, or construction industry helpful
At MG2 we work hard, but we also know the importance of having some fun while doing what we do best. We have a number of social activities, sports teams and opportunities for community involvement. We meet every other Friday over breakfast to celebrate new employees, project milestones and employee anniversaries (many of our colleagues have been here a long time)!
It’s also important our employees lead a balanced and healthy life. To support this, MG2 offers flexible hours, a telecommuting policy, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) (including company match) and paid time off.
We consider our offices innovation labs where employees can be creative and take design risks. This includes full access to our state-of-the-art 3D printer and laser cutter. Whether it’s working on actual projects or participating in one of our many design competitions, we challenge or staff to come up with the next great idea!
Additionally, to help support and encourage employee development, the firm provides a generous training allowance and plenty of opportunities to learn from both external and internal experts.
To apply, please visit www.MG2.com/careers