4052 - Instructional Designer - Virtual
USA | HR/Talent Acquisition | Full-time
Job Reference: 4052 - Posted 28-Apr-2021
Do you want an opportunity to support a growing and energetic Learning & Development team? Do you enjoy working both independently AND with a team to help the department deliver on engaging, learner-focused content? This could be the opportunity you've been waiting for. All you have to do is apply.
Kelly's Learning & Development team is excited to add an Instructional Designer, focused on building engaging and effective training solutions to meet the needs of the business, aligning with the broader organizational strategy.
As the Instructional Designer, you will partner cross-functionally with business unit SMEs, project managers, and facilitators to learn current state, understand needs, identify solid learning objectives, provide viable adult-learning based solutions, and design materials that will lead to a successful learning outcome.
You're familiar with design processes like ADDIE and proficient in using common Instructional Design tools, such as the Articulate 360 suite, to build situational eLearning curriculum, Virtual Instructor-Led (V-ILT), web-based courses, blended curricula, and just-in-time learning.
How you'll contribute to the team...
Design and Development
- Coordinate instructional design projects from inception to completion
- Collaborate with other designers, facilitators, and SMEs on program design and learning objectives.
- Design and develop training materials in a variety of formats such as V-ILT, eLearning, job aids, blended solutions, etc.
- Build facilitator guides, manager and learner guides, and help design landing pages in the LMS when appropriate.
- Communicate regular updates and identify challenges and solutions early during design and development of solutions.
- Manage multiple projects with challenging priorities and quick timelines
- Solicit feedback to ensure the project is meeting the needs of the business
- Implement: Publish course content via the Learning Management System and conduct train-the-trainers for facilitated delivery of content
- Evaluate: Conduct regular reviews of content and performance against training goals. Update courses and materials to ensure content remains relevant and impactful to the business. Collaborate with the appropriate parties (e.g. business, SMEs, other members of the Learning team) to ensure updates remain relevant and impactful to the business as well as distributed and effectively communicated.
- Ensure materials are available and accurate in SharePoint
- Meet with the business to understand the current needs, future goals/trends, as well as learner audience in order to develop and design effective learning solutions.
- Collaborate with the business to determine success measures for training solutions; develop mastery exam questions as needed
- Partner with Facilitation teams to establish needs from the perspective of subject matter expertise, delivery method and timing, and tools for implementation.
Does this sound like you?
Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, communication, organizational development, instructional design or related field OR commensurate experience designing learning solutions
Technical (Hard) Skills
- Strong understanding and showed skill with eLearning tools, including Articulate 360 (Rise, Storyline, etc.) and other rapid authoring tools
- Understanding of instructional design and adult learning principles
- Preferred - Graphic Design and Motion Graphic Sensibility using Adobe Creative Suite Products (e.g. photoshop, illustrator, premier, after effects, edge animate, audition)
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Preferred experience - staffing industry knowledge
- Preferred experience – knowledge of facilitation principles and best practices
Non-technical (Power) Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong consultative skills in negotiating projects with clients and peers
- Consistent track record to interface and facilitate discussions effectively with all levels
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Consistent track record to prioritize multiple projects and meet challenging deadlines
- Strong organizational skills that include personal and project time management and familiarity with project capacity planning.
- Outstanding customer service skills and a passion for solid learning solutions that exceed customer expectations
Salary Range: $55,000 - $70,000
What’s in it for you?
Kelly takes pride in supporting the whole person, their family and their future. We understand that in order to thrive, we have to build lasting relationships and provide our employees with endless possibilities for growth. At the end of the day, we know that work is more than making a living – it’s about making a life.
Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Time Off
Vacation Purchase Program
PerkSpot – Personal Online Discount Program
Working at Kelly means being part of a global team making people-work connections that count, because we believe helping people become who they’re meant to be benefits us all! At every location and every level within our company, Kelly’s people are outstanding in their understanding and dedication to helping people build better futures and helping companies across the globe compete, prosper, and grow. The work we do matters. Helping people transform their lives matters. Crafting the future of work matters. If you have a passion for helping others, what’s next for you may very well be joining our internal global team and working to make a difference!
About Kelly Services®
Kelly connects hardworking people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, including, but not limited to, race, gender, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.