Training And Development Officer
Heritage Bank NW – All Locations
Heritage Bank has an exciting opportunity to join our organization! We are seeking a Training and Development Officer who will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of bank-wide training programs, to include, but not limited to, operations, lending, systems, procedures, and sales/service programs. Additionally, this position assists the management team in identifying enterprise training needs and solutions and will consult and collaborate with department/business unit managers to assess employee development needs and deliver relevant training solutions.
Preferred geographical location is Tacoma, WA. Depending on experience other locations within Heritage Bank's footprint (WA/OR) may be considered. Flexibility to work a remote / hybrid schedule may be considered.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Design, develop, implement, deliver, and evaluate assigned training programs, which includes sales and service training. Review and updates course documentation and instruction/participant materials on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and ongoing accuracy.
- Collaborate with management, Human Resources, and hiring managers to ensure new employees onboarding in assigned business units receive timely and effective training.
- Identify technical and operations issues related to the training components of the bank systems and processes. Communicate and collaborate with departments and business units to achieve resolution.
- Collaborate and consults with department managers on assigned projects to identify training needs, develop training curriculum and materials, and facilitate training sessions to meet the needs of assigned business units.
- Deliver train-the-trainer sessions for experiences trainers, subject matter experts, and leaders-as-teachers for assigned projects.
- Participate in the development of tactical training plans for acquisitions, conversions, and other strategic initiatives.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices as well as emerging learning technologies and support systems resulting in the most effective and efficient solutions.
- Maintain current knowledge of company policies and procedures, employee handbook, benefit plans and legal requirements applicable to HR and payroll administration. Stay current in regulatory reporting deadlines and changing requirements in all areas of HR.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Organizational Development, Education, or Human Resource Management preferred.1 year recent experience in financial services industry – preferred.
- 4 years recent banking experience to include exposure to banking operations, sales/service, to include a minimum of 1 year experience in developing, facilitating employee training and evaluating the effectiveness of the training.
- Experience in a lead or supervisor role - preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, experience, training and/or certifications may be considered.
- Provide an exceptional level of quality service for internal and external customers.
- Strong planning, organizational, time management and follow up skills, with the ability to manage multiple assignments and goals, ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated track record in aligning learning strategies/programs to business strategies and realizing measurable business impact.
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult learning theory, multiple learning styles, and adult motivational techniques, including learning management systems and technologies.
- Ability to apply principles and methods for curriculum/training design, teaching/instruction that results in thought- provoking, engaging and relevant programs for all employee levels.
- Ability to assess training needs, identify opportunities, and develop solutions.
- Superior listening, verbal, written and telephone etiquette business communication skills, including effective questioning strategies, influencing, presentation and facilitation skills; with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Strong assessment and consulting skills, with the ability to extract information from managers and structure and organize content into an effective learning solution.
- Strong knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods; which includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media; with the ability to create and deliver professional and graphically appealing and compelling presentations, in a timely manner.
- Thorough understanding of financial industry rules and regulations, as well as the Bank’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient use and understanding of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT), with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Working knowledge of e-Learning technology and content authoring tools and ability to effectively use media, including LMS/LCMS.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee and/or customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; frequently standing, intermittently stooping, bending at the waist, walking, or kneeling to file materials.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 lbs (files, boxes, etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
Click here to apply: Job detail | Heritage Bank Careers (heritagebanknw.com)
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com