Help grow our business by growing our people in the VTS fashion (Value, Transparency, and Sustainability). We are looking for a dynamic, curious, and tech-savvy L&D professional to design and manage Symetra-wide learning solutions. Taking our learning programs to the next level that supports continuous learning of dispersed workforce will require creativity and openness to new approaches.
The Learning Specialist will create and manage multiple learning programs for employees across Symetra roles and locations. This includes designing curricula in a blend of different learning methods & modalities, leveraging internal and external technologies for enhancing learning culture across the company, and collaborating with the Talent Development and HR team members on aligning various learning programs. The learning areas cover a broad range of professional development topics, supporting company initiatives around Employee Experience, Diversity & Inclusion, and Innovation.
Primary accountabilities for the role include:
- Collaborating with business leaders at all levels, HR Business Partners, and Talent Development team members to build and manage a variety of learning and development programs and offerings
- Developing and experimenting with new learning solutions for maximum availability, relevancy, and impact. Strengthening our learning culture by removing obstacles to continuous learning and helping learners make sense of the wide range of our learning offerings.
- Aligning resources and technology to enhance our learning culture (social learning, discovering and engaging subject matter experts, Talent Development team capabilities, creative use of vendors, technologies, etc.); leading learning projects that require innovative mindset.
- Designing curricula in a blend of different learning methods & modalities; evolving our solutions on an ongoing basis to meet the needs of our learners and our business.
- Exploring new ways of using learning technologies, taking full advantage of the existing ones as well as experimenting with and implementing the new ones (LMS, SharePoint, mobile, forums, e-learning...)
- Facilitating learning in and beyond classroom delivery - virtual, learning communities, enabling informal learning opportunities (panel discussions, brown-bag sessions...)
- Playing a central role in reinventing learning models, systems and delivery methods. The use of more blended, virtual, self-directed and experiential learning models will be emphasized over traditional classroom delivery, so adaptability and creativity will be important.
- Occasional (10%) travel may be needed.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the growth of our employees and our business. Qualifications include:
- 5+ years of experience in talent development roles.
- 3+ years professional experience in designing and implementing corporate learning solutions.
- Experience applying instructional design principles, agile methods, learning technology and program management skills together in the design, development and maintenance of learning programs.
- Experience working with learning technology, such as eLearning software, virtual classroom technology, Learning Management Systems (LMS), 3rd party learning applications, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to influence and build relationships with stakeholders and learners. Solid multi-tasking, project management, and organization skills. Naturally curious and creative problem solving abilities.
- Ability to see a project or assignment through to completion.
- Bachelor's degree
- Professional training certification
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; the ability to assess a situation and provide a well-thought out recommendation or solution.
- Flexible, adaptable, past track record of success working with a variety of styles and personalities, at all levels of an organization. Strong project management and organization skills
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
Learn more at www.symetra.com/careers.