Sr. Instructional Designer and Facilitator
Job LocationsUS-MA-Boston | US-CO-Denver | US-AZ-Phoenix | US-CA-Sacramento | US-TX-Austin | US-OR-Portland | US | US-WA-Seattle | US-FL-Orlando
Posted Date2 days ago(11/12/2019 3:19 PM)
Job ID 2019-4719 # of Openings 1 Category Human Resources
Public Partnerships LLC, a subsidiary of Public Consulting Group supports individuals with disabilities or chronic illnesses and aging adults, to remain in their homes and communities and “self” direct their own long-term home care.
Our role as the nation’s largest and most experienced Financial Management Service provider is to assist those eligible Medicaid recipients to choose and pay for their own support workers and services within their state-approved personalized budget. We are appointed by states and managed healthcare organizations to better serve more of their residents and members requiring long-term care and ensure the efficient use of taxpayer funded services.
Our culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and strive to exceed customer expectations. We desire motivated candidates who are excited to join our fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and who want to make a difference in helping transform the lives of the consumers we serve. (learn more at www.publicpartnerships.com).
As an Senior Instructional Designer, you will be part of a passionate team of Learning & Development professionals that seek to create and facilitate effective and engaging learning experiences leveraging creative design processes and using innovative development tools. The Learning Instructional Designer is focused on creating value to the organization and positively impacting the onboarding performance and learning experiences of each and every team member. Through strong business partner consultation, you can bring your creativity, cutting edge technical know-how and passion for adult learning to create best in class learning programs and solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and deliver instructional content for PPL enterprise needs as well as focused functional areas
- Design and develop creative assets (storyboards, wireframes, graphics, motion graphics, videos, etc.)
- Utilize multimedia software (such as Adobe Creative Suite) and eLearning authoring tools (such as Evolve Authoring)
- Manage and organize creative asset library so that they can be reused by content developers
- Design consultatively with stakeholders and peers through interpretation of complex subject matter and asking the right questions
- Create innovative, beautiful PowerPoint slides and learning chunks
- Consult with Subject Matter Experts to design both technical and non-technical learning solutions that are engaging, creative and effective
- Manage Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) knowledge to support their area of expertise into an approachable learning experience
- Partner with Quality & Compliance team to ensure all learning and development activities are appropriately tracked and documented and meet all statutory obligations
- Champion a culture of continuous professional growth and development
- Ensure consistency of learning and development opportunities across all geographical locations
- Maintain content and learning material into our Learning Management System and perform basic administrational functions for audits and maintenance
- Create and implement custom education programs that demonstrate knowledge of Adult Learning Principles and incorporate best practice delivery techniques
- Conduct training-needs assessments and project planning on execution of discoverable needs
- Develop course objectives and design plans based on assessment results
- Interview subject matter experts and clients to collect necessary information to design and develop blended education solutions
- Conceptualize and develop evaluation measures, including knowledge checks, course evaluations, and tests
- Participate in content review, revision, and sign-off cycles
- Desire to work using Agile project management methodologies is preferred
- Examples of project management desired
- Demonstrates an intense curiosity to constantly learn, stretch and grow in your own development Strong technical skills and some experience working on Learning Management Systems.
- Ability to produce creative content for training deliverables including job aids, eLearning’s and instructor-led sessions
- Microsoft Project expertise and the ability to organize and manage tasks and projects.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced and changing environment with multiple priorities that need to be effectively managed, while maintaining composure and flexibility
- Knowledge of commonly used training concepts, practices and procedures (ADDIE, SAM, Design Thinking)
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative, cross-functional relationships at multiple levels
- Solid communication and facilitations skills
- Demonstrate proficiency with MS Office: Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and facilitate a diverse range of training solutions – samples of work
- BA or BS in Instructional Design, Training and Development, Organization Development or related field.
- Learning Management System background
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in Instructional design development
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in content development, including Learning Management System knowledge
- Creative knowledge with multimedia and graphic design tools (such as Adobe Creative Suite, SnagIt, GoAnimate, Captivate)
- Knowledge in video post-production work flow (create motion graphics, edit video, color correction, audio sweetening)
- Knowledge in web design and development
- Project management experience
- Experience using standard publishing tools (Office and Adobe products)
- C.P.L.P (Certified Professional in Learning & Performance)
- A seasoned professional who is a proven team player, works well independently and can self-drive learning new tools and processes
- Ability to re-tell and translate technical content into story formats.
- Able to translate complex topics into visual media
- Able to design with efficiency in mind (reusing assets in addition to creating customized graphics for each project)
- Strong with project management combined with creative energy to bring fresh ideas into learning
- Outstanding at communication (proven both communication and presentation skills)
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, quickly-changing environment
- Current projects in training social media desired
- Highly skilled at writing and editing with the ability to follow and create style guide
- Ability to travel 50%
- Virtual Office Setting