Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The Office of Diversity Equity & Inclusion (ODEI) leads the integration of DEI principles, values and practices across the Hutch toward its mission. The DEI Educator and Learning Specialist is a critical role in helping to create organizational culture shifts, skills and competency development among employees, and advancement toward new anti-racist and broader anti-oppressive goals. The incumbent works independently and collaboratively in performing responsibilities within the framework and consistent with the priorities established by ODEI leadership. Judgment is used daily in interpreting policy, developing best and promising practices, representing ODEI, and in interacting with Center staff and outside organizations.
- Work closely with Administrative Director in developing and implementing a comprehensive anti-racist diversity equity and inclusion educational initiative for Center faculty, staff, and trainees
- Develop and deliver diversity education programs to the general workforce to promote an anti-racist culture of inclusion and respect
- Develop diversity education curriculum/materials (e.g., reference materials, examinations and other assessments, visual aids, toolkits, etc.) and select appropriate delivery mechanisms (e.g., classroom, webcast, e-learning, etc.)
- Conduct on-demand DEI learning for various internal stakeholder groups
- Develop and monitor metrics for evaluating the effectiveness of training
- Participate in the selection and/or oversee vendors to develop learning content or conduct educational program as needed.
- Collaborate with the Fred Hutch’s Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s) to engage DEI learning in those group settings and ensure alignment with all offered DEI educational opportunities
- Assist the Administrative Director with development of reports, manuscripts, etc.
- Establish and build productive and healthy working relationships across the organization to help coach colleagues in understanding and responding to DEI related topics and issues
- Collaborate with all members of the ODEI Team, including the Faculty Director, Program Manager, English Language Resource Center Consultants, and affiliated groups on various projects and events for a seamless delivery of services and consistent branding
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree highly preferred in social justice, education, ethnic studies or a related field
- 4+ years of relevant experience in training/education delivery and facilitation, preferably in areas of diversity and inclusion.
- A passion for diversity and inclusion work and our Center’s mission
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage diverse audiences through facilitated instructor-led training programs
- Awareness of group dynamics and the ability to leverage them and real time dialogue to facilitate group learning and individual engagement.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and support for, key concepts and other content in DEI training, including critical race theory, colonialism, feminism, privilege, protected classes, microaggressions, coalition building, etc.
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to understand organizational dynamics and relate to individuals from diverse personal and professional backgrounds
- A cover letter is required stating your interest, skills and experience
- A diversity statement is also required (1-2 pages maximum
More details here.