The Learning & Development Instructional Designer is responsible for creating and implementing world-class instructor-led and eLearning solutions. This includes end-to-end program planning, management, execution, and measurement of Zillow Group’s virtual training programs.
The Instructional Designer (reporting into the Zillow Offers Learning Manager) will collaborate with other Learning & Development team members, business leaders and other Zillow Offers team members in assessing content needs to ensure our employees have an exceptional on-demand eLearning experience as well as effective and engaging instructor-led training experiences.
In this role you will engage in the following:
Content Design, Creation and Sustainability
Lead the end-to-end process of creating new learning content in a variety of modalities
Draft and review storyboards and final content with subject matter specialists to gain approval
Manage content effectively including version control, updates and data security
Build courses that include innovative ways to create learning interaction and engagement
Publish eLearning content
Publish SCORM or Tin Can-compliant courses in a Learning Management System
Track effectiveness of training including learner survey results
Report out survey data to key business partners and L&D team
Record and edit audio, video and copy
Participate in design meetings with business leadership, subject matter specialists and marketing communications resources to conceptualize program look/feel, standards, templates, and content development formats
Identify and utilize specialized resources required to build and execute programs, such as: product specialists, solutions specialists, communications specialists, instructional design resources, web resources, IT resources, HR/Legal resources, etc.
Communicate, assemble, and document proposed programs; prepare executive decks, as needed
Schedule and facilitate project team meetings to ensure program development and readiness is of high quality, on time and on budget
Establish release dates and review cycles for all program deliveries
Write program announcements, descriptions, and technical information about each release
Provide completion reports to senior management and business partners, as needed
Participate in sharing and documenting learning technology infrastructure requirements: LMS, registration, online testing, podcasts, etc.
Manage deadline situations with diplomacy and tact
Collaborate across the organization and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to think creatively.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, education, or related field
- 5 years’ experience in an instructional design role, including: soft skills programs, online/web-based programs, technical training programs, specialized curricula and course management
- An enthusiastic, learner-focused attitude geared towards achieving continuous skill development for our target audience
- Exceptional combination of critical thinking skills and detail orientation
- Superior communication, interpersonal and influence skills with a multitude of styles. Comfortable presenting to large groups
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Able to find opportunities, take initiative and think through future implications.
- Uses forward-thinking to identify potential issues and/or risks to be resolved or minimized
- Team player with an easy communication style
- Able to juggle multiple programs and requests in a dynamic, growing company where cultural change is a norm
- Flexible and adaptable to changing requirements
- Able to work both independently and in a distributed team setting
- Skilled writer, communicator, and leader—able to give and receive feedback positively
- Can travel, as needed, to support program planning and execution
Technical Skills & Attributes
- Applies adult learning theory to instructional design
- Beginner to expert-level proficiency using an animated graphic tools such as Vyond or After Effects
- Intermediate to expert-level proficiency using Articulate Storyline and Articulate 360
- Intermediate to expert-level proficiency in audio editing using a tool such as Camtasia or Audition
- Intermediate to expert-level proficiency publishing and tracking eLearning courses in a Learning Management System
- Intermediate to expert-level proficiency with video editing and recording software such as Camtasia or Premiere Pro
- Expert-level proficiency using the MS Office Suite (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent planning, program management and documentation skills with meticulous attention to detail
Get to know usZillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow's businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.