We are currently recruiting for an energetic and reliable team player to join Workforce Development. The position will focus on training and development but will also support other functions in the department. The person we are looking for has excellent customer service skills, is excited about working for Pierce Transit and can translate that excitement about the agency into our training courses. The ideal candidate will have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail as well as an understanding of training requirements and workforce development in today's world of technology.
This position frequently interacts with current Pierce Transit staff and the ideal candidate understands the importance of valuing and respecting every employee and can communicate effectively with people from very diverse backgrounds and experiences. The individual will need to be customer-focused and have the ability to handle competing priorities with a smile while staying on task in a fast-paced training environment.
The following functions are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed in this classification; only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties:
- Ensures that the e-learning course database is accurate and up to date. Publishes and remove approved and/or discontinued courses.
- Updates and tracks employee training records in e-learning system.
- Schedules, sets up and prepares for in person and virtual training sessions.
- Facilitates instructor-led training courses to employees, as assigned.
- Assists with development of e-learning courses, makes recommendations on course structure, provides guidance on structure including Agency branding, slide content and script.
- Responds to customer inquiries
- Ensures training files, documents, and records are recorded, reported, distributed and maintained appropriately.
- Files, archives, and purges in accordance with established regulations, procedures, and archival policies. Tracks and compiles monthly reports.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Demonstrates regular and consistent attendance.
- Performs related work as required.
- High school diploma, or equivalent and
- Three (3) years of human resources experience.
- Public sector experience desired.
- Learning Management System Administration experience desired.
- Teaching and/or facilitation experience desired