Seattle Genetics Job Req #: 18-04503
Job Description: Sr. IT Training Specialist
Location: Bothell, WA
Position Type: Contract
Our biotechnology client is looking for a Senior IT Training Specialist who will be responsible for the design, development, delivery and maintenance of high impact training content. If you’re a talented individual that’s passionate about taking technical concepts and translating them into exceptional learning content, we’d love to consider you for this role!
This person will use an array of creative approaches that inspire learners and drive productivity. The candidate should possess a blend of creativity, strong writing skills, solid instructional design background, eLearning experience, client relationship skills, and a dependable work ethic.
· Develop blended learning programs and content based on proven adult learning techniques using appropriate design, content, and technologies.
· Leverage advanced instructional design and eLearning authoring tool experience and knowledge to design and develop creative, learner-centered training programs, modules, and materials in multiple modalities including synchronous and asynchronous remote learning, classroom learning, interactive e-learning modules, simulations, animations, videos, learning labs, job aids, facilitator guides, assessments, and resource materials.
· Independently write, storyboard, visually design, develop, edit, and program course content applying instructional design principles and best practices.
· Engage with stakeholders, subject matter experts (SMEs), prospective learners, and other learning professionals to determine, recommend, and document instructional and learner engagement strategies.
· Drive and ensure best practices standardization across all projects and content.
· Perform needs and task analysis, scope projects, and evaluate existing resources to identify options and recommend the most appropriate learning strategy to meet the performance needs of the audience.
· Evaluate the need for updates to course materials based upon product releases, new functionality, and feedback.
· Bachelor's degree in Education, Adult Learning, Communications, or related field required. Master's degree in Education Technology, Instructional Design, or Interactive Media is a plus.
· A minimum of 5-7 years' experience designing, developing, and delivering learning solutions.
· Ability to function as a business partner to quickly and deeply understand needs and organizational constraints/requirements, and then determine, design, develop and deliver/implement the most effective and efficient learning solutions and services possible.
· A strong design aesthetic along with experience in performing quality assurance checks on projects. Ability to successfully design and develop multiple projects at one time and work projects through to completion with some oversight, guidance, and coaching.
· Ability to write and edit content, instructional text, audio scripts, and video scripts and to design interactive and engaging learning opportunities.
· Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication, listening, and interpersonal skills.
· Proven ability to build rapport and a collaborative working environment with both technical and non-technical business partners.
· Knowledge of and experience with gamification and learning games is preferred.
· Self-directed with excellent judgment, strategic thinking, leadership, and the ability to manage risk and competing priorities and deadlines.
· Advanced skills and experience with Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, and SnagIt.
· Experience with non-traditional authoring tools such as GoAnimate, PowToons, VideoScribe and/or game authoring tools is desirable.
· Advanced skills in MS Office 2016 or Office 365 and SharePoint.
· Exposure to LMS's and an understanding of eLearning development software and standards.
· Ability to quickly learn new products, applications, and systems.
· Graphics design/marketing background is extremely helpful.
· Samples of past curriculum design work will be required.