The Back-to-Front of Performance Improvement
New Foundations for the Workplace Learning Professional
presented by Rick Shor and Dr. William “Bud” Wurtz
HRCI Credits in Progress
(Breakfast, lunch & snacks included in the registration fee)
Are you ready to practice the essential skill needed to get ahead of the curve and succeed as a workplace learning professional in the new global knowledge economy? We’re excited to offer you the #1 most requested two-day workshop based on our 2010-2011 ASTDps member surveys!
You’ll learn how to build business cases for learning and performance interventions that will resonate with your customers and stakeholders. The session will be tied tightly to the ASTD Human Performance model, one of core focus areas of the ASTD Competency Model. Please join us in making the Puget Sound chapter a leader in this important area while having some fun in the process!
This program will deepen, expand and strengthen your skills to better…
• Propose performance or training solutions from rigorous analysis based on data, not speculation.
• Conduct a front-end analysisundefineda process for determining why a perceived performance gap exists and how to close the gapundefinedenabling you to more effectively find successful solutions.
• Carry out a gap (or performance) analysis and root cause analysis.
• Understand the 360 degree analysis sequence, when to conduct a gap analysis, how to define performance gaps without bias, and identify the factors that influence performance.
ASTD competencies targeted:
* Designing Learning
* Improving Human Performance
* Measuring and Evaluating
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
is a former educator, software entrepreneur, and information technology consultant. For the last fifteen years he has acted as a strategy and management consultant for various Fortune 500 companies, the last six of which have been focused on professional development in the workplace. Rick is a certified Project Management Professional and is in the midst of the CPLP certification process.
Dr. William ("Bud") Wurtz
currently serves as the ASTDps Director of Public Information & Strategies under the Research & Learning Sciences portfolio. He previously served as the ASTDps VP for Research and Learning Sciences, completing appointed term in 2010. Bud is the head of Knowledge4Achievement, and its sister company, Coaching For Creativity, a business coaching and learning practice. Bud is a two-term past president of the American Creativity Association.