YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties Tacoma, WA Hybrid
Full-time · Associate
1,001-5,000 employees · Wellness and Fitness Services
Are you a well-rounded Learning and Development professional that is searching for a career that brings your purpose and fulfillment? The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is seeking a positive and engaging Learning and Development Professional to join our team.
The Y is a leading non-profit committed to strengthening our community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other. Working locally, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in, and across our communities. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives, and generations, we ensure that we all have access to the opportunities, relationships, and resources necessary to learn, grow, and thrive. Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join the Y Team!
The Learning and Development Specialist is a champion of our Y culture and values and provides guidance, support, and subject matter knowledge to our leaders and employees. Typical duties include:
- Presents learning content using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role-playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
- Facilitates virtual and in-person classroom sessions.
- Evaluate learner progress through academic assessments, hands-on practice, and on-the-job training.
- Collaborate with an Instructional Designer to assess, update, and revise training materials.
- Participate in workgroups to identify knowledge gaps and recommend learning solutions.
- Review and analyze records for training programs, including, but not limited to, course evaluations and learner participation, data, and trends to recommend program changes.
- Keep up with development in the learning industry through reading current blogs, articles, professional association membership, and peer learning.
- Prepare for upcoming classes by reviewing the course material, and creating the class records in the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with stakeholders, such as Human Resources partners, frontline leaders, and subject-matter experts.
- Keep records for each class of attendance, academics, and significant observations.
- Effectively communicate session performance of learners to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist with maintaining the knowledge base by updating resources, flagging inaccuracies, and answering questions.
- Provide training support for business initiatives by providing train-the-trainer sessions and coaching agents.
- May serve as a mentor for other trainers, providing developmental feedback through observations and peer learning.
- May certify other trainers to facilitate curricula through observation and assessment, using provided materials.
Are you a good fit?
- Three+ years of Learning and Development experience are required.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree in Learning and Development (or related field) preferred.
- Recent Learning Management System (LMS) experience is required (Cornerstone LMS experience preferred).
- Experience working with an HRIS preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in applying Adult Learning Theories and best practices related to curriculum development and training methodologies.
- Experience developing, designing, and delivering curriculum and training tools.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and outstanding service orientation; ability to interact with people at all levels, develop rapport, and influence others.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to identify business needs or process improvement suggestions and communicate suggestions to others as appropriate.
- Leverage technology for efficiency and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in delivering virtual training utilizing various platforms (Zoom, Teams, Adobe Connect, etc.).
- Execute effectively by using resources efficiently, effective time management to meet deadlines, keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals, and demonstrating project management and planning skills.
- Must be committed to valuing, contributing, and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion at the Y.
- Must complete an online Child Abuse Prevention training on the first day of employment, and other online and in-person training as required.
Hours: Full-Time, M-F, 40 hours per week. This is a Hybrid position.
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision benefits package, Retirement Savings Plan, Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), Life and Long Term Disability benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), Extended Leave Plan (ELP), a family membership to the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties, training and professional education, YMCA program and merchandise discounts (up to 50%), employee referral bonus program, the opportunity to participate in a retirement savings plan and more!