Manager – Learning & Development, WE Communications
The Learning & Development Manager will be overseeing and managing the L&D team as well as developing and delivering management and leadership skills training. This role will need to be globally-minded and have a vision, creativity, and presence required to consistently demonstrate critical thinking, effective communication skills, sound judgment, and maintain partnerships with stakeholders regardless of level or geographic location across North America.
· Partner with HR leadership and organizational management to meet organizational Learning & Development goals. This role will set, define, and measure metrics for the Learning & Development team.
· Assess organizational landscape and identify skill gaps to inform, management/ leadership and functional training priorities.
· Credibly develop and deliver content against training priorities related to management/ leadership and functional skills to employees locally, regionally, and globally.
· Evaluate and recommend channel engagement strategies – which may include e-learning tools and techniques or social learning platforms – to help centralize, store, disseminate and track training content and data.
· Develop and facilitate a train the trainer model to support the distribution of management/ leadership and functional training content.
· Demonstrate a willingness to mentor or coach teammates across the Human Resources organization as appropriate without direct supervisory authority.
· Research vendors to provide services; managing and reviewing vendor proposals, monitoring quality of material, managing costs and assessing program effectiveness.
· Develop budget/utilization management and resourcing skills
· Oversee resource allocation across team including staffing, hiring, and onboarding new talent
· Manage career development and performance of direct reports, managing up to senior staff on crisis issues, and client/team satisfaction while holding the team accountable to demonstrating agency values
· Other duties as assigned.
· BS/BA degree in Instructional design, education, Business, or related field is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
· 6-8 years training or project/program management experience and 1-3 years of managing a team
· Experience in the design and delivery of management and leadership skills training
· Significant experience in delivering training to audiences of more junior/mid-level managers to leaders.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel); knowledge of Learning Management Systems.
· Knowledge of web and mobile based training and using technology in the classroom
· Proven track record of supporting training programs and courses from gap analysis to facilitation/delivery.
· Experience developing a team from the ground up
· Credible presence, professional maturity, sound judgment and ability to exercise discretion.
· Ability to negotiate fees and schedules, effectively persuading and coaching presenters to meet agency expectations.
· Executes with the highest level/ standards of customer service.
· Ability to communicate with tact and professionalism with senior leaders and executives both internal and external to the agency
· Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
· Faced paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc)
· Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
· Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion; ability to travel
· Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Learning & Development Program Manager | #WELearnDev