TRAINING COORDINATOR (apply online at: https://careers.heritagebanknw.com/search-jobs/job-detail/?jid=289349)
Summary: This position is responsible for supporting all aspects of HBU training initiatives, which includes but is not limited to: administering the Bank’s Learning Management Systems (LMS), assigning and monitoring compliance assignments, and supporting all HBU team members with pre and post class activities. The position may be based in either Burlington, Washington or Tacoma, Washington.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties and/or projects may be assigned):
1. Serves as the primary administrator for the Bank’s Learning Management System.
2. Creates compliance curriculums and assigns quarterly compliance assignments to all job groups, monitoring assignment completions and reporting results to Division Management.
3. Supports instructor-led classes by sending confirmation emails, course evaluation links, post course assignments, and coach’s surveys.
4. Compiles and analyzes data from pre and post assessments, course evaluations and coach’s surveys on an individual course basis and shares with management to identify opportunities for improvement.
5. Manages the direct billing arrangement with hotels and monitors the training budget for appropriate expenses.
6. Coordinates the use of all HBU training rooms and equipment, and orders supplies for all HBU team members.
7. Processes registrations for external development programs such as WBA and PCBS.
8. May attend operational and district meetings, as needed.
9. Adheres to Training Department standard processes.
10. Provides exceptional service to internal customers in accordance with the Heritage Bank Service Commitment and Service Level Standards.
11. Contributes to the success of the department with willingness to share in all department responsibilities and provide back- up assistance, as required or assigned.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Exceptional level of quality service for internal and external customers.
Excellent listening, verbal, written (business / technical) and telephone etiquette business communication skills, with the ability to communicate outstanding/follow up issues over the phone, in person and via email; with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills are required.
Strong organizational, time management, data review and processing skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments and goals, ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal direction.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with excellent attention to detail and a strong focus on accuracy.
Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required. Proficient use and understanding of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
Working knowledge and experience using learning technologies and applications (i.e. Adobe Connect, WebEx, Survey Monkey, etc.) – preferred.
High School Diploma, or equivalent – required; Associates Degree or higher, supplemented with Business Office Management courses and/or certification; or relevant education – preferred.
2 years recent general office and administrative support experience with thorough working knowledge of professional office administration practices and procedures – required.
Training and Financial Services Industry experience – preferred.
Equivalent combination of education, training, certifications and experience may be considered. Work Environment:
Climate controlled office environment.
Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand under sometimes distracting work conditions.
Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and or extended hours, as needed. Physical Demands:
Work may involve the constant use of computer screens and phone, and sitting throughout the day.
Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
Occasional lifting 10 - 15 lbs. (files, boxes, training materials and equipment) Travel Time: Occasionally may be required to travel to Heritage Bank sites and training locations; availability for overnight travel, as required; must have valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out job-related essential functions.
The above job description is not intended as an all-inclusive list of the essential functions which the individual will be required to perform. The individual may be required to perform other reasonable business-related duties and tasks, as assigned, at the discretion of management. Heritage Bank reserves the right to change or modify this job description, as needed, at any time, with or without notice. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment or otherwise modify the terminable at will employment relationship. Heritage Bank promotes an equal opportunity workplace. The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.